Please note the following dates and times:
June 20, 2023 at 5:45 pm: Public Safety Meeting. There is no meeting for the Finance Committee.
June 20, 2023 at 6:00 pm: Building Commission Hearing
June 20, 2023 immediately following Building Commission Hearing: Regular Council Meeting
Upcoming Budget Meeting Dates:
#1: Wednesday, June 28 at 11:30am
#2: Wednesday, July 19 at 11:30am
#3: Wednesday, August 9 at 11:30am
Clinton City Council Regular Meeting
City Hall • 105 E. Ohio Street, Clinton, MO 64735
Tuesday, June 20, 2023 • Immediately Following Building Commission Hearing
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes:
- Approval or correction of the minutes of the City Council Meeting of June 6, 2023.
- Personal Appearances:
- Mark Dawson, Economic Development
- Second Reading of Previously Read Bills: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Public Works Committee Report:
- 1. Street Department:
- Second St. & Jefferson St. traffic signal: Ewing Signal schedule to be here this morning (6/13) to make repairs.
- Franklin Street Bridge: City will schedule a date to celebrate the completion of the project.
- 2. Park & Rec:
- Pool House Project: Concession stand windows and overhead door to be installed this week. Alliance Pump will look at a pump that may be developing some issues and a filter that leaks.
- Hurt Park Project: No change in status. Staff will contact the contractor to express concerns.
- Boiler Building Update: Blocks will arrive in the next few days; mason will begin construction of the building.
- Tennis Courts: Pickleball lines will be painted 7/17; cost is $1,000. Tennis courts are scheduled to be repaired and restriped next year; est. cost is $8,000 (including repainting the pickleball lines). Do we want to consider making tennis court repairs this year and paint the pickleball lines one time?
- 3. Waste Water:
- Calvird Pump Station repairs: Repairs completed and fully operational. Declare two motors as surplus property and dispose through a sale process.
- WWTP Permit Renewal: New permit received, effective 6/1/2023 thru 6/1/2028. Notable changes: testing will now be required for overflow basin and some regular tests will be run weekly instead of monthly.
- Camera work for I & I Project: Tony Sneed (AWR) will meet with Ace Pipe and Omega Environmental Services to hone locations for camera work.
- Remote monitoring controls for Calvird, Deer Creek and Montgomery pump stations: Installation to be completed by 6/16.
- Wet Well Pumps 2 & 4 control wire: New conduit is likely needed. Empire Electric will review.
- Deer Creek Pump Station: Elevator not functioning properly. Contractor will be scheduled to make repairs.
- 4. Community Development:
- Monthly Building Report: Info only.
- ATS ELDT (Entry-Level Driver Training) requirements: The U.S. Dept. of Transportation’s ELDT regulations has established new minimum training standards for entry-level drivers, creating a difficult situation for hiring ATS drivers. The cost is a minimum of $1,300 / person. Erica Bogenpohl said that Alliance Water Resources has developed an in-house, FTA certified training course that meets the ELDT requirements. The two-day course will be held in Clinton in July 10-11. She would check to see if a City employee could be integrated into the AWR class, at no charge.
NOTE: Erica confirmed that a City employee may attend the AWR training course, at no charge.
- ATS Audit: Chuck has spent 3+ weeks completing a 76-page pre-audit questionnaire. An independent auditor, contracted by MoDOT, will conduct the Federal Transit Administration in-person audit on 6/27 – 6/28.
- Public Safety Committee Report:
- 1. CARE Agreement
Resolution No. 08-2023 – A Resolution of the City Council of Clinton, Missouri (CITY) approving an agreement between the City of Clinton and the Clinton Animal Rescue Endeavor (C.A.R.E.).
- Finance Committee Report: None.
- Mayor’s Report
- Mayor’s recommendation for the appointment of Ashley Parks to the Clinton Housing Authority Board with a term expiring December 1, 2026.
- City Administrator’s Report
- Unfinished Business:
- Reschedule the July 4, 2023 City Council Meeting to July 11, 2023.
- New Business:
- Transfer of grave lots: Cemetery Board recommends approval.
Bill No. 2023-18 – An Ordinance of the City of Clinton Amending Section 12-29 of the Code of Ordinances.
- CJW Agreement for Professional Services
Resolution No. 09-2023 – A Resolution of the City Council of Clinton, Missouri approving an agreement between the City of Clinton (CITY) and CJW Transportation Consultants, LLC (CJW).
- Closed Session: Pursuant to RSMo. 610.021(2) Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate by a public governmental body where public knowledge of the transaction might adversely affect the legal consideration therefor.
Individuals desiring to speak at the meeting are asked to fill out a speaker card and submit it to the Clerk prior to the call to order. Speakers are respectfully asked to limit their comments to three (3) minutes or less. Speakers will be called on to speak during the appropriate portion of the meeting. Please address your comments to the Mayor/Chairman. If you require accommodation (i.e. qualified interpreter, large print, and/or hearing assistance) please notify this office at (660-885-6121) no later than forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled commencement of the meeting.